Petrobras is committed to providing accessible content to all users of its website, including those who have motor, cognitive and sensory disabilities.
Therefore, we developed a guide to assist users with disabilities to have the best possible browsing experience on the Petrobras site.
The items considered herein are based on the recommendations set forth in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Scope of this statement
This statement covers the pages of the petrobras.com website.
The Petrobras Global Portal has the following facilitating features
Current points of attention.
- Identification of the main language used in documents;
- Usage, when so defined, of relative units in text values;
- Provision, where appropriate, of alternate texts for images that appear on the pages.
- Contrasting background and foreground, allowing for comfortable content reading;
- Style of presentation that is consistent throughout the different pages;
- Programming aimed to create visual effects, to call attention to a given type of content and which could cause understanding issues was avoided.
- Ability to read the pages without using style sheets;
- Use of relevant titles in the frames;
- Implementation of alternative solutions to certain features, such as applications and interpretable programs (Flash, Ajax, Videos, etc.) which may not be available under certain use situations;
- Markup of lists and listing bullets in ordered lists;
- We avoided using tables for layout and markups for visual formatting purposes;
- Association of labels with the respective form controls and care with their proper positioning.
Browsing was built to attain a simple flow, either via the mouse or the keyboard. To this end, several tests and studies were made to make sure there would be no interference with user actions and in understanding.
- We avoided using pages that update automatically;
- We avoided using markups to redirect to other pages automatically;
- We provided the choice to skip browsing options and go straight to the content.
The portal contains some invisible links which can only be accessed via the keyboard in order to improve accessibility for users who browse with screen readers or who have some other limitation.
The functionality of these links is divided into two categories:
Users who browse the portal using the keyboard can easily reach the main content or other areas of the viewed page. Simply access the invisible links of shortcuts to specific areas of the site.
These links become visible when accessed by keyboard, by tabbing, for example. For those who use screen readers, these are common links with no distinction in their use compared to any other link on the page.
The invisible links to shortcuts on the portal are:
Go to content
Takes the user to the main content of the page;
Sample image of the functionality in browsers
Go to main menu
Takes the user to the portal's main menu;
Go to the section's browsing (only on inside pages which have a sidebar menu)
Takes the user to the section's menu;
Back to the browsing bar
The user returns to the portal's browsing from the "Global Petrobras" link.
Access to alternative content
These links take the user to the content that is accessible from screen readers, which might be content that is alternative to multimedia features, graphics, etc.
The invisible links to alternative content on the portal are: