The Gateway may have access to links to other external sites whose contents and privacy policies are not the responsibility of Petrobras. Accordingly, we recommend that when users are redirected to external sites, they should always consult the respective privacy policies before providing their data or information.
Should Petrobras at any moment make any substantial change to the way that it uses personal information gathered, it will communicate the new conditions of privacy: a) to the public in general, by means of a special announcement in our main page; b) to registered users by means of electronic communication.
For the purpose of this Policy, the following considerations should be observed:
1. Petrobras gathers personal information capable of identifying users when they: a) register in our website; b) participate in our promotions or contests; c) contact us through the user service channels.
2. Different information can be requested for each of the data-gathering modalities according to the purpose of the collection. In this way the users will always be informed of the data collected and can decide whether or not to provide them. In each case they will be also be notified about the consequences of their decision.
3. Petrobras also receives and automatically stores, by means of cookies, information in their providers concerning the activities originating in the navigator, including the IP address and page accessed.
Our visitors' privacy
4. The entry of users' personal data in the Petrobras Gateway and the acceptance of navigation cookies are optional and do not constitute a requisite to navigate on the Gateway. The user who decides to provide his or her personal data declares that he or she knows and accepts the terms of this Policy.
On the User
5. All the information gathered on users transit safely over the Internet with the use of a process of cryptography.
6. We shall make every effort to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the information entrusted to us.
7. Petrobras pledges to protect the on-line privacy of children. In the hypothesis that personal information is intentionally gathered on children under the age of 13, a specific form will be made available so that the persons responsible can authorize registration of the minor in the database. The use of this personal information will be exclusively educational and in appropriate environments for this purpose, such as the "Knowledge Space".
8. All the personal data gathered will be incorporated into the Petrobras database, under the responsibility of Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. - Petrobras, with its head office located at Av. Chile 65, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil.
9. Petrobras uses the information gathered for the following general purposes: (i) to optimize the use and interactive experience of the users' navigation in the Gateway; (ii) to prepare general statistics and alert users when they are identified; (iii) to answer the questions and request of the users; (iv) to hold campaigns on communications and liaison marketing; (v) to inform users about the company, its products, services and promotions.
11. Unless we have a legal or judicial decision, users' information will never be transferred to third parties or used for any purpose other than those for which they ere gathered by Petrobras.
12. Petrobras pledges to use the best protection systems available by Internet technology, for which reason it is not responsible, either fraudulently or with intent, for damage as a result of its being accessed and/or used by third parties.
13. Petrobras pledges to use the best protection systems available by Internet technology, for which reason it is not responsible, either fraudulently or with intent, for damage as a result of its being accessed and/or used by third parties.
14. The user who introduces his or her personal data may at any time request that he or she be informed of the contents of same, as well as any rectifications or suppression that he or she deems convenient, including total suppression, sufficing for such that the rectification form be properly filled out.
Should you have any questions or suggestions, please use the "Contact us" link you can find on the top of this page.