It is important to note that the Petrobras site may grant access to links to external sites, the content and privacy policies of which Petrobras is not liable for. As such, we recommend that when users are redirected to external sites, they should always check such sites' respective privacy policies before providing their data or information.
However, should Petrobras at any moment make any substantial change to the way that it uses personal information gathered, it will communicate the new privacy conditions: a) to the public at large, by means of an announcement in our main page; b) to registered users by means of electronic announcements.
For the purpose of this Policy, the following considerations should be observed:
1. Petrobras collects personal information capable of identifying users, such as text and images, when users: a) register on our website; b) take part in our promotions or contests, c) contact the user service channels.
2. Different information can be requested for each of the data-gathering modes according to the purpose of the collection. Thus, users will be informed about the data being collected, leaving it to their discretion to provide them or not.
On the User
4. It is not required to enter personal user data on Petrobras' site to browse it, therefore, this is optional. Users providing their personal data state they are aware of and accept the terms set forth herein.
5. We shall make every effort to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the information entrusted to us. Although Petrobras uses technologies for the security of web applications, the user acknowledges that there can be no expectation of complete security on the Internet insofar as website invasion, data theft, tampering or deletion or other unlawful acts are concerned.
6. All personal data collected will be incorporated to Petrobras' database.
7. Petrobras pledges to use protection systems provided by Internet technology, for which reason it is not liable for damage resulting of its being accessed and/or used by third parties, either fraudulently or with intent.
8. Petrobras uses the information it gathers for the following purposes: (i) to optimize the use and interactive experience of the users' browsing the site; (ii) to build general statistics; (iii) to answer questions and make requests to users; (iv) to undertake communication and relationship marketing campaigns; (v) to inform users about the company, its products, services and promotions, (vi) with regard to information on people aged fewer than 13 years, this information shall be used for educational purposes.
10. Unless we have a legal or judicial order to do so, user information will not be transferred to third parties or used for purposes other than those for which Petrobras collected it, except in the event of a change in the purposes mentioned in section 9, when Petrobras shall provide advance notice concerning this, as mentioned above.
11. The user guarantees the truthfulness and accuracy of the personal data that he or she provides in this site and takes-on the corresponding liability if they are not exact. Petrobras accepts no liability whatsoever if the users provides incorrect personal data on this site.
12. Users entering their personal data may, at any time, request to be informed of the content thereof and to make the corrections or deletions they see fit, including total.
13. Petrobras Group companies have their own privacy policies. Although they are aligned with the company's practices, it is advisable to take note of such policies on their respective websites.
If you have any question or suggestion, please e-mail us at email@example.com.